Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Five things you didn't know about me ...

I was already tagged last week - by Robert Bogue and Renaud Comte so here I finally go:

  1. I do not have a Computer Science degree - I actually did a Master in Economics and picked up Information Management as an option. I learned how to program in Java  on my own since they only taught us Pascal and Cobol at university. I needed to learn Java since I wrote a Java based expert system using Jess (a rule engine and scripting system) for derivatives trading. When I started working at Dolmen, I switched to Microsoft development.
  2. One of my hobbies is painting and drawing ... I did art in  evening school but dropped out in my final year since I did not have enough time. I also put some pictures and paintings online at another blog - http://jopxpaints.blogspot.com/ . I had them first on MSN Spaces but they send an advice that I had to remove them since they contained inappropriate content ....
  3. I'm still working for my current employer - Dolmen where I started 7 years ago - starting as a software engineer, afterwards technical project manager and currently as application group manager. BTW, did I mention that we are looking for Microsoft developers - do not hesitate to ping me ...
  4. I moved 5 times in the last 7 years ...
  5. This is my second year as SharePoint MVP - at the time that I got the award, I had to explain my boss what it exactly was but I'm still very proud about it ...

I'm tagging:

No comments: