The Beta2 Tech Refresh is finally available for Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (32 bit version) (64-bit version here) , Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 (64-bit version here ), Forms Server (64-bit version here), SharePoint Designer and the Office 2007 clients – this is a patch for the current Beta2 versions. As Dustin already pointed out – if you need a full install you will need to create a slipstreamed install – he has added a nice screencast about the slipstream install and take a look at Steve Smith’s Beta2TR installation doc.
Besides the Beta2 TR patches there are also a number of other plugins and tools released targeted at the Beta2TR release:
· Microsoft® Office Word 2007 Redaction Add-in (Beta) - Version 2.0 - The Microsoft® Office Word 2007 Redaction Add-in makes it easy for you to mark sections of a document for redaction. You can then redact the document so that the sections you specified are blacked out. You can either print the redacted document or use it electronically. In the redacted version of the document, the redacted text is replaced with a black bar and cannot be converted back to text or retrieved.
· Microsoft® Office Outlook® 2007 Calendar Views Add-in - Version 2.0 - With the Outlook® Calendar Views Add-in, you can easily create and manage filters to display subsets of appointments in Outlook Calendar. Filtered views are based on categories that you apply to appointments.
If you are working with Publishing sites in Beta2 – also take a look Andrew Connell his posting - Upgrade issue for WCM/Publishing Sites (a ~must~ read before upgrading your beta environment
This is the text as it appeared on Betaplace:
We've listened carefully to your feedback and have developed a technical refresh with significant performance improvements and redesigns to address your needs and to enhance your user experience. New features of the Beta 2 Technical Refresh include an updated user interface, better accessibility support, improvements in the robustness of the platform, and greater functionality. For example, you can now deploy code access security policies with your SharePoint sites, as well as experience TimeZones and TimeZone objects that provide object model support in Microsoft Office Outlook. Look out for the Beta 2 Technical Refresh SDKs as well, which add many more articles and code samples to help jumpstart development.
Before starting an upgrade also take a look at this posting on the SharePoint team blog - Installing Beta 2 Technical Refresh (B2TR) – What you need to know before you double click update.exe. But you can also go directly to the updates guides:
- SharePoint Server 2007 B2TR Update Guide – This includes all of the update steps, known issues, workarounds and planning guidance.
- SharePoint Server 2007 B2TR Readme – This includes workarounds and fixes for less common issues for specific configurations.
- Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 B2TR Update Guide
- Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 B2TR ReadMe
There are already a couple of stories and blog posts out there:
· Beta 2 Technical Refresh available tomorrow – some explanations from Jensen Harris about the new UI improvements