Saturday, October 07, 2006

Google Code Search - WTF...

Today I saw Scott Hanselman his posting - Google Code Search - Now you can search the Bathroom Wall of Code  as well as  Peter's - OMG - Google Code Search . 

I concur with Peter's statement "Blood freezing in my veins"  - I have already seen quite some examples from "Coding with Google Search" and I have to say that most of the time I am not that impressed ( quite an understatement ...). I can already imagine a scene like this.

Business Analyst: What do you mean that is complicated? Can't you just look up the code on Google. I have seen that they have this great tool, Google Code Search ...

Developer : [Totally dumbfounded] WTF?!???!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree on this one. You should look up something real specific... Just plain source code, no context, no docs and totally no intuitive searching is possible. Try searching "md5 in csharp" on Google and on Google Code Search. Seems to me that classic Google provides more relevant infomation, no?