If you don't know about OBAs (Office Business Applications) take a look at www.obacentral.com - there's a nice video. Here's the excerpt which describes OBA's.
Office Business Applications are an emerging class of applications that helps business unlock the value of their line-of-business (LOB) systems and turn document-based processes into real applications.
OBACentral groups different solutions which are currently being built by Microsoft partners which are defined as OBAs.
Other posts about OBA:
- More about OBA's and RAP's
- Office Business Applications - Crossing the chasm
- Microsoft Office Business Applications and LOBi for SharePoint Server 2007
- Office Business Application/VSTO Starter Kit: Integrating 2007 Office System with SAP Using VSTO 2005 SE (Part 1 of 2) - learn how to install the Office Business Application Starter Kit for SAP, including where to download the files and how to set up the environment.
- Office Business Application/VSTO Starter Kit: Integrating 2007 Office System with SAP Using VSTO 2005 SE (Part 2 of 2)
- OBA/VSTO Starter Kit v. 1.0 Source Code: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=120AAAA8-0A0C-4A0B-B605-4E08FFE7A786&displaylang=en . This is the source code that shows how yo can build customized Office Business Applications (OBAs) using VSTO that integrate with SAP. It accompanies the previous two articles.
- Getting started with Office Business Applications (Part 1)
- OBA application patterns - Getting started with Office Business Applications (Part 2)