Sunday, July 31, 2011

Help – Windows Phone 7.1 Emulator crashes my VMWare Workstation

When reading about the Integrating SharePoint 2010 and Windows Phone 7 Training Course on MSDN – I decided to immediately start trying out some stuff.

Since I have some SharePoint 2010 VM instances already setup and I have the Windows Phone 7.1 Development tools installed (the training kit is still written for Windows Phone 7.0 though) – I thought about just using this setup. Remember that you can quite easily access your SharePoint running within the VM instance from your guest by using the VMWare Network Adapter VMNet1 (host only) – (see quick tip – accessing guest from host with VMWare Workstation)

Unfortunately as soon as I started the Windows Phone 7.1 Emulator  - my VM just crashed – this seemed to be an issue with the beta release of Windows Phone 7 as well – check out Windows Mobile 7 Emulator kills VMWare – I tried the workaround outlined here – Round 1, fight! Windows Phone emulator x VMWare but unfortunately it did not work for me …

Anyone another workaround – please leave a comment….

No comments: