Wednesday, June 22, 2022

ActivityParty not supported in Azure Data Factory copy activity for Dynamics 365

I must admit that I am not a frequent user of Azure Data Factory but now and then I give it a try again ( see Getting started with Azure Data Factory for Dynamics 365 CRM consultants for my previous post on the topic) when I need to import data into Dataverse/Dynamics 365 CE or export data from Dataverse/Dynamics 365. Usually I do this when I hit a snag with the out-of-the box tooling or when I need to connect to a legacy on-premise Dynamics CRM environment.

Last week I tried doing a bulk export of incoming e-mails in Dynamics 365 CE to Azure Blob Storage using the copy activity. I quickly created setup a sink and source, created by my  FetchXML query and then run the data pipeline. It immediately blew up with an exception message "ErrorCode=DataTypeNotSupported,'Type=Microsoft.DataTransfer.Common.Shared.HybridDeliveryException,Message=Column: from,The data type Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.EntityCollection is not supported.,Source=,'

When looking at the mapping, I found the exception so I thought let's take a look at the blog posts of @Joejgriffin - Sink limitations with the Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement/CDS connector for Azure Data Factory seemed to be provide some good pointers but unfortunately did not get my any further so I just decided to write a console app ...







No comments: