I have two copies of Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Business Application Blueprints to give away to two lucky winners.
How you can win:
To win your copy of this book, all you need to do is come up with a comment below highlighting the reason "why you would like to win this book”.
The contest is valid until the end of July, and is open to everyone. Winners will be selected randomly on the basis of their comment posted below.
Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Business Application Blueprintsis written by Mike Oryszak, and highlights details on building SharePoint solutions based on real-life scenarios that you will encounter within your own organization or at your customers. These scenarios range from building an engaging community site to building a site directory with SharePoint search. It is written in an easy-to-understand style and is targeted at SharePoint developers, consultants, and administrators who want to
build a range of SharePoint solutions that extend the SharePoint platform, and see how to apply the many available SharePoint features in different business scenarios.
- Chapter 1, Building an Effective Intranet: An Effective Intranet Site for your organization that maximizes the site's ability to aggregate content and is highly effective at communicating important messages.
- Chapter 2, Building an Out of Office Delegation Solution: A Workflow Out of Office Solution that allows users to manage their out of office dates and automate task assignments to a delegated resource.
- Chapter 3, Building an Enterprise Content Management Solution: An Enterprise Content Management solution designed to support large scale document repositories with
the ability to route documents automatically between site collections based on metadata attributes along with custom solutions for surfacing the relevant content.
- Chapter 4, Building an Engaging Community Site: An Engaging Community Site including custom features that can be used to enhance collaboration and provide an information sharing system.
- Chapter 5, Building a Site Request and Provisioning System: A Site Request and Provisioning System that supports automated site provisioning for user requested sites in a way that supports complex dynamic feature activation and configuration.
- Chapter 6, Building a Project Site Template: An overview of the template methods available with SharePoint along with a detailed approach for creating web templates in order to create a project site template to support project initiatives and track Issues, Tasks, and Contacts.
- Chapter 7, Building a Project Management Main Site: A Project Management Main Site demonstrating a solution that can aggregate the key metrics and status information
from the project management sites created in the previous chapter.
- Chapter 8, Building a Task Rollup Solution: Create custom Web Parts that can aggregate tasks from the specified sites.
- Chapter 9, Building a Site Directory with SharePoint Search: Solutions to leverage SharePoint Search to provide an optimized experience making it easier for users
to search and discover relevant sites.