I saw Angus Logan his post about MOSS2007 and Exchange 2007 better together for compliance a while ago and I was very impressed with the functionality described. It is not so clear however where Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 actually comes in:
- Ability to capture messages between internal and external parties and between internal parties through the use of server side rules.
- Copy all messages to a central record store, and to journal emails in transit.
- The ability for and administrator to search all email across accounts centrally to discover content (never used to be able to do this).
- Enforce Chinese walls within organisations, important in FSI.
- Remove the ability to have PST folders.
- Enforce retention limits on users.
- Allow users to easily promote emails as records and enforce policy through AD.
- Create one or more centrally managed record repositories to handle electronic and physical records as well as all email communication.
- The ability to expire content and define what action should take place once that content has expired.
- Easily promote documents as records and capture all their meta-data including versions, audit trail etc.
- Legal holds.
I’m definitely interested in seeing some more postings about these topics. If you have seen some information, please add the link to the comments.