One of the most posed questions lately seems to be how do we integrate SharePoint and Content Management Server. People often start working together on documents in SharePoint and later want to publish this document in an easy way to CMS (That authors can't work together on a CMS posting - because of the locking principle - is definitely a missing feature in CMS). With the release of SharePoint Connector for Content Management Server (Previously codenamed Spark) in february 2004- some things were solved.
In short the connector enables the following :
- Content from CMS can be displayed in SharePoint webparts
- Documents in SPS can be exposed to MCMS managed sites
- Integrating SPS search with the content in CMS
- Emmanuel Desigaud wrote a paper that shows how to integrate SharePoint Server 2003 Search into a MCMS site using a WebService
- If you need more info about CMS in general, check out the blog of Stefan Gossner and Mark Harrison. These are definitely resources you can't affort to miss.
- Review of the MCMS Connector for SharePoint Technologies by Stephen Huen. He also added a set of user controls to Code Project, which are used to Search CMS with SharePoint
- How to maintain a Microsoft Content Management Server database