Some interesting links that I found when preparing my chapter about the new metadata features in SharePoint 2010 – it is sometimes refreshing to take a step away from the product and look at some theoretical background postings and articles. Have fun.
- Origin of the phrase, “Information Architecture”
- White paper – Information Architecture in Office SharePoint Server 2007
- SharePoint Information Architecture and the Information Architect
- What is information architecture?
- Metadata?Thesauri?Taxonomies? Topic maps!
- The Dublin Core Metadata Initiative
- Dr Tom Guides – Guides to metadata, taxonomies and their implementation.
- RDF Automation ushering in Semantic Web